Contractors, campuses, and homeowners are clamoring for natural lawn care solutions. Why?
- SAFETY & ENJOYMENT: Everyone likes a safe lawn where their pets or kids can play.
- BANS ON PESTICIDES: Lots of communities have enacted bans on cosmetic pesticides. Due to these policies, people that still want to achieve a lush, dark, green lawn are looking for different options.
- STORMWATER MANAGEMENT: Healthy soils reduce pollutants entering watersheds, and natural lawn care helps produce healthy soils.
Here are a few pieces of advice on how to love your lawn, naturally.
LAWN CARE ADVICE #1: Healthy Soil = Healthy Roots
As you can see in the following video, healthy soil = healthy roots. (And unhealthy soil will often lead to wimpy roots!) You want to support your soil. One of the best ways to do that is by adding a natural soil builder, such as a 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch layer of compost, to the soil each spring or fall.
LAWN CARE ADVICE #2: Small Choices Can Add Up to a Big Difference
The following video shows how a few small choices can support your natural lawn care goals.
- Trim the Top: Set your lawnmower on its highest settings.
- Grasscycle: Let your soil pick up what you put down; let the clippings land and return to the soil.
- Support Your Soil: As mentioned earlier, apply a topdressing of compost or lawn soil each spring or fall.
LAWN CARE ADVICE #3: Figure out How Much You Need and How to Spread
As you look out at your yard or vast acreage, you might wonder, “How much compost or lawn soil do I need?” Two tips:
- Check out our real-world examples of calculating how much product you might need.
- Head on over to our calculator to do the math.
Then, you might wonder, “How do I spread the compost or lawn soil?” Here are a few options:
- Spreaders: There are a few main categories of spreaders available at your nearby lawn and garden supply store. The main three variables you’ll need to navigate are:
- Push or Tow Behind
- Broadcast or Drop
- Blower truck: Harvest partners with local blower truck operators that can spread the product for you.
- Hand broadcast: In smaller spaces it’s possible to spread soil amendments by hand, then rake into the turf surface.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US TODAY
- Request a Quote
- Contact a Local Sales Team: